Rare Model 18 Mid-Century Teak Sideboard By Gunni Omann
A truly exceptional and rare Model 18 Mid-Century teak sideboard by Gunni Omann. Manufactured in Denmark by Omann Jun Møbelfabrik in the late 50's. This is also called a credenza, buffet or bar. The beautiful old growth teak veneer encompasses a solid wood frame. Wonderful organic curves are balanced by the precise straight line cabinetry. Ample storage, yet even for the size it does not seem imposing due to the compact depth and high elegant solid teak legs. The absolutely perfect proportions for city living with a depth of just 19"! Featuring a double width storage area behind 2 sliding doors. Behind the doors lies a single adjustable and removable shelf. The interior is fully finished in teak and is as luxurious as the exterior. There are 4 generous solid wood, dovetailed drawers. The drawers have handles set into the underside of the thick, solid teak, drawer face. All of the doors have gorgeous solid teak handles characteristic of Gunni Omann. Gorgeous thick, old growth teak veneer coats the every inch of the exterior, including the back, making this piece truly exquisite. The unit sits raised up on tall tapered solid teak legs. These perfectly styled legs raise the sideboard a full 12" off the ground. So much valuable storage in such an elegant, beautiful form. This would be ideal in a dining room or a den.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire item has been professionally cleaned, conditioned an oiled but retains the original finish.