Rare Norwegian Mid-Century Rosewood Sideboard By Vikens Mobelfabrik
This rare Norwegian Mid-Century rosewood sideboard by Vikens Mobelfabrik is an exceptional, heirloom quality item. Designed by the Norwegian great, Fredrik Kayser in the late 50's. Also called a credenza, buffet or server. Single owners who purchased in the early 1960's and lovingly cared for it. The "Hertug" sideboard features an extremely gorgeous Brazilian rosewood exterior with a birch interior. This is an extremely rare piece of Scandinavian Modern design. Wonderfully long, low and streamlined with quality of craftsmanship. Featuring 4 outward opening doors that can all be locked. The 4 doors hide incredibly generous storage areas. When open, the the first 2 doors reveal a double sized storage area with a single long removable and adjustable shelf. The other doors open to showcase a storage area with 2 fixed shelves and 5 felt lined birch and rosewood drawers. The interior of the storage area is fully finished in birch veneer. Making this piece beautiful, both inside and out! A solid rosewood edge band runs the entire front perimeter. Each of the 4 doors has a solid Brazilian rosewood front insert which runs vertically. This is a truly exceptional addition for any dining room or put it in your living area to house your Flat Screen T.V. This credenza sits atop four 12 inch tall, solid rosewood legs giving it the very sought after “floating” look that is so sought after by interior designers.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition. The rosewood retains a dark finish with exceptional graining only found in Brazilian rosewood.
- Doors open easily. Locks turn smoothly.
- 3 original keys are included.
- 1 piece of solid rosewood corner trim has been professionally re-glued.
- The entire item has been cleaned and polished, but retains a completely original finish.