Set Of West German Bowls And Vase Set By Carstens Tönnieshof
An exceptional and rare set of West German bowls and a vase by Carstens Tönnieshof in the 60's. Made in West Germany, this is a true example of "Fat Lava" style in pottery. Fat Lava refers specifically to a type of thick glazes that gives some pottery a lava-like look. The Carstens Tönnieshof factory started in the early 1950s and focused on producing a very high quality product. They quickly became known for their vibrant colours and depth of the glaze. The result being Carstens Tönnieshof became one of the leading producers of Mid-Century Modern German Pottery in the period. This vase and 2 bowl set is a great example of the beauty of West German pottery. Featuring a combination of vibrant teal, grey and black in a "cityscape" design. There are glaze and unglazed bands adding to sophistication of these pieces. The teal interior of the jug/ vase is also glazed. Stamped on the bottom of each piece.
Additional of note:
- Price includes all 3 pieces as a set. Not available separately. Please only add 1 to your cart.
|Width = Depth||7.5"|
|Width = Depth||11"|
Diamond Shaped Bowl
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.