Solid African Teak Mid-Century Coffee Table By Imperial
This truly stunning solid African teak Mid-Century coffee table was manufactured by Imperial Furniture. Designed by the great Dutch designer, Jan Kuypers and manufactured Stratford, Ontario in the late 50's-early 60's. You will definitely appreciate the openness and sense of style. The top is composed of strips of thick, luxurious, solid Afromosia. This wood is often called "African teak" for the stunning grain pattern which was similar to its relative, Burmese teak. Afromosia has an absolutely stunning deeper and darker colour when exposed to air. This table features exceptional craftsmanship. Fabulous slightly more compact proportions than is normal for the period. Perfect for in front of your sofa! The table exhibits the amazing craftsmanship of the period and illustrates that absolutely amazing items were crafted right here in Ontario!
Additional of note:
- Matching pair of solid African teak Mid-Century side tables by Imperial also available separately.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The entire item has been professionally cleaned and buffed with lacquer polish but retains the original finish.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.