Solid African Teak Mid-Century Side Tables With Shelf By Imperial
This pair of elegant solid African teak Mid-Century side tables with shelf was manufactured by Imperial Furniture. Designed by the great Dutch designer, Jan Kuypers and manufactured Stratford, Ontario in the late 50's-early 60's. You will definitely appreciate the openness and sense of style. The top is composed of strips of thick, luxurious, solid Afromosia. This would is often called "African teak" for the stunning grain pattern which was similar to its relative, Burmese teak. Afromosia has an absolutely stunning deeper and darker colour when exposed to air. Each table features a handy solid African teak shelf for storage. Sitting raised up on 4 solid African teak legs, allows these tables to be sturdy on any surface. Fabulous proportions for its size. Perfect for beside a chair in a reading nook or on either side of your sofa with a lamp on each. The table exhibits the amazing craftsmanship of the period and illustrates that absolutely amazing items were crafted right here in Ontario!
Additional of note:
- Priced individually, sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- Also available separately: a matching solid African teak coffee table by Jan Kuypers for Imperial. See last 2 pictures for details
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The entire item has been professionally cleaned and buffed with lacquer polish, but retains the original finish.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.