Stunning Mid-Century Modern African Teak Daybed
An exceptional Mid-Century Modern African teak daybed from Paramount Furniture. Paramount was an exceptional, small batch fine furniture manufacturer from Montreal in the 1960's. This daybed is similar to the Hans Wegner GE-258 Daybed for Getama. However Paramount, enhanced the original design by putting articulation points for the feet, knees and head. Allowing you to move the seat into the most comfortable position for you. Make into a chaise or left up your knees. When done, easily put it back to the flat (standard) position. The backrest also rotates 180 degrees vertically to extend the seat depth and create a twin size bed, when needed. Featuring stunning and rare solid African teak on the arms, cross brace and legs. This endangered species is highly prized for it's deep rich colour and grain pattern. The solid African teak, tapered, Wegner style legs unscrew for moving and raise the sofa a full 10" off the ground. This is perfect for a compact guest room, basement or a den. Providing both daily comfort and an extra bed. Also ideal for a loft or an elegant home away from home (cottage).
Additional of note:
- If orange Maharam is not going to work for your home, contact us for additional fabric options. Additional charges apply.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The entire item has been cleaned and oiled, but retains the original finish.
- Professionally upholstered in an Orange Maharam fabric and new soy based foam.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.