Stunning Mid-Century Solid Teak Sofa By R Huber
A gorgeous Mid-Century solid teak sofa by R Huber Co. A true Canadian Mid-Century Modern classic by one of our most brilliant manufacturers'. Manufactured in Toronto in the early 60's and stamped. This sofa features a highly grained frame crafted from solid vibrant African teak with the perfect balance of curves and straight, defined edges. Reminiscent of the work of Fredrik Kayser for Vatne. The backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Open and compact, this is the perfect sofa for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The seat base is a solid oak frame with nylon straping. Solid African teak strips run vertically down the backrest and keeps the back open, making the sofa seem less obtrusive. It also allows you to place this sofa in the centre of an open concept room. Mid-rise so as to maintain visual continuity in any space, this sofa does not sacrifice build quality or beauty. Professionally reupholstered in a soft grey Maharam seat back cushion.
Additional of note:
- Matching pair of R Huber solid teak armchairs also available.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition. The entire frame has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- The original nylon seat strapping is in very good condition.
- New foam in the seat and back cushion. New soft grey Maharam fabric on both the seat and back cushions. Different upholstery is available for additional charge.