Teak Highback Armchair And Ottoman By Grete Jalk For France & Son
An elegant teak highback armchair and ottoman by Grete Jalk for France & Son. Similar in styling to Jalk's brilliant model 118 series. This design dates to 1952 with France & Daverkosen. With this example being produced in the 60's by France & Son. The high back armchair epitomizes Jalk's wonderful design style. An organically shaped solid teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. The back rest provides ample lumbar support due to the curved padding yet is still strong. Able to be placed in the centre of an open concept space, the back of this chair is as beautiful as the front! The solid teak arms curve outwards and angle perfectly to the body.
The entire frame has been carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled to bring out the beauty of the wood. The cushions have been professionally upholstered in a charcoal grey leatherette. The rarity of this is the high back design and having the matching ottoman. Inspite of these aspects, the chair & ottoman still maintain a compact overall footprint.
Additional of note:
- Price includes both the chair and ottoman. These are not available separately.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been cleaned conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- Newly upholstered in a charcoal grey leatherette with new foam.