Eco-friendly Furniture Refinishing
Traditional furniture refinishing products can be a very chemically-intensive process. This process will either harm your item or off-gas in your home for years! With our “green” furniture restoration services, you do not need to worry about exposure to these harmful substances after you bring your furniture home.
Right from the conception of our business, we knew that we had to include furniture restoration as one of our service offerings. As homeowners we are very conscious of our ecological footprint and we wanted to extend this focus on sustainable living to our business
Zero/ Extremely Low VOC Products
You have likely heard of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Wall paint is probably the best known household source of these chemicals, but many other everyday items can emit VOCs, including some you may not have thought of, like the glues, varnishes, stains, and paint strippers used in furniture refinishing. The health effects of VOCs vary, but even in low concentrations they can cause headaches, dizziness, and irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. The US Environmental Protection Agency has also expressed concern that VOCs may cause cancer. And the risk goes beyond the refinishing shop—the VOCs in some paints and stains continue to release long after they are applied. Given the negative health effects of VOCs, we wanted to provide a safer option for restoring furniture. We use made-in-Canada, zero-VOC products in all of our refinishing work to safeguard our health and yours. To learn more about VOCs and how to avoid them, check out this page from HealthLinkBC.
We are a retail store and often encounter exceptional items which require upholstery to be brought "back to life". As such we stock a small range of high quality fabrics and we upholster everything from basic dining chairs to complex items like R Huber Scoop Chairs or Ribbon chairs by Pierre Paulin.
- Do NOT bring items to the store without speaking to us first.
- Professional restoration is labour intensive and as these are mostly veneers, we do everything by hand. Thus it is not without cost.
- Quotes do not include HST or delivery/ pick up.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days.
- We have a significant request for our services, we book 8 weeks in advance for any restoration work.
- In order to reserve your delivery date, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. It is your responsibility to ensure the items are ready for pick up or are delivered on the date specified.
For a free consultation and quote on your furniture restoration project contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us pictures of each item and we can give a ball park range for the restoration. Once the items arrive we finalize the quote.