The Model 142 Danish Mid-Century teak sideboard by Bernhard Pedersen & Son is a remarkable and timeless item, crafted with heirloom quality. Known also as a credenza, buffet, or server, this piece was purchased from the original owner who cherished it since the 1960s. The Model 142 is an exquisite and rare example of Danish design from one of the exceptional manufacturers of that era. The company, led by the fourth generation of the family, Thomas Bernhard Pedersen, was re-established in 2015. The sideboard boasts a wonderfully streamlined design, showcasing the exceptional craftsmanship characteristic of Danish Modern style.
Its exterior is adorned with stunning old-growth Burmese teak, carefully arranged to maintain a seamless grain across the front doors. The two easy-sliding tambour doors elegantly conceal a spacious internal storage area, crafted with precision from individual thin strips of teak on a jute backer. Each door features a solid teak vertical handle. Opening the doors reveals a finished teak interior, equipped with three removable/adjustable shelves and three shallow drawers with finger joinery, two of which are felt-lined. The interior storage area is also fully finished in teak, highlighting its beauty from the inside out.
The sideboard is completed with a solid teak edging running around the entire front and sides, and a finished back as well. The finished back allows you to use this between rooms and definite the space. Standing on four high, solid teak legs, it creates the sought-after "floating" look. This classic Danish Modern piece is not only a striking addition to any dining room but also a perfect choice for your living area, adding generous amounts of storage and accommodating a Flat Screen T.V. with elegance. Stamped with the manufacturer's mark, it holds strong investment value and complements any setting beautifully.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear.
- Tambour doors and 3 drawers slide easily.
- The entire item has been professionally restored and oiled, but retains the original finish.
At Vintage Home Boutique we understand that sometimes it's tough to visualize an item in your home. So we stand behind our items and offer returns within 7 days of purchase, with proof of purchase, on all full priced vintage furniture. Beyond 7 days from purchase, items will not be accepted for refunds under any conditions.
Discounted and sale items, accessories, furniture care and customized items are final sale and not refundable under any conditions.
- The items must be in the condition they left the shop and we will verify condition with the pictures we have.
- All refunds will be charged a 2.4% fee. This fee is the interchange credit card fee we are charged by the credit card company and is not returned to us upon the refund.
- Vintage Home Boutique always reserves the right to decline a refund or charge a greater percentage of the total paid as an administrative fee.
We are often asked, do you deliver? The answer is YES! Delivery and shipping is available across Canada. We ship accessories across the country using Canada Post. For accessories, the cost will vary based on where you live and the weight of the shipment.
We have different furniture delivery options, depending on where you live. Please note you must be able to assist to bring the item into your home, if you live outside of the GTA.
|Toronto||$140||Daily - 7 days a week|
|GTA||$250||Daily - 7 days a week|
|Ottawa & Area||
|Second week of every month*|
|Kingston & Area||$350||Second week of every month*|
|London & Area||$350||Third week of every month*|
|Windsor & Area||
client must assist
|Third week of every month*|
- The GTA is defined the area outside of the city of Toronto, west to Hamilton. East to Oshawa. North to Barrie.
- Full service delivery is:
- 2 movers
- Your items are blanket wrapped and secured in transport
- Your items are unwrapped and brought into the room of choice in the position of your choice.
- There are additional fees for:
- Each additional item on the same delivery ($20/ item). A set of dining chairs are considered 1 item
- Assembly ($60/ hr)
- Walk ups beyond the second floor or buildings without elevators - Yes there are still some left!
- We group multiple deliveries for the Ottawa/ Kingston & London/ Windsor markets. As such we reserve the right to reschedule shipments so as to keep the rates low. Direct delivery of your item is also possible
All other cities in Canada:
Shipping is exclusively handled through a delivery service that runs across the country every 2 months. You must be able to assist to bring the items into your home.
Contact Us and we can give you a specialized quote for what you desire.
- All deliveries must be scheduled within 7 days of purchase unless previously arranged. For items held longer than 7 days without previous agreement, there is a non-refundable, $150/ week or partial week fee.
- For all deliveries we only connect you with the service provider. The delivery service schedules and is responsible for care and condition of the product once it leaves the store.
- For shipments outside of Canada: Contact Us and we will connect you with our crate packer and shipping service.
- Clients are responsible to ensure all items and pieces are removed from the truck
- Do not sign for the delivery as acceptable if there is an issue with the item or the crate.
- Even if the item is crate shipped you are required to be home to accept the delivery. Wooden crates do not protect valuables from rain!
- Note ANY issues on the service providers form. Do not sign that the delivery was acceptable.
- Claims are to be directed to the delivery service within 24 hours of the item arriving in your home. Failure to do so will likely result in your claim being denied by the service.
- Vintage Home Boutique Ltd. cannot support your delivery claim in any way. We are happy to follow up and speak with the providers on your behalf, however they are 3rd party companies with their own operating polices.
ACCESSORIES: All accessories (excluding mirrors) are shipped using Canpar and are insured for actual retail value.
FURNITURE CARE: All furniture care is shipped via Canada Post. These items are insured for retail value up to $100.
We know these are heirloom pieces and as such have partnered with reliable and trustworthy organizations that offer reasonable rates. All of our delivery and shipping services are fully insured and bonded.